Friday, October 10, 2008

Horrible experience with Sobha Developers

I have having a very bad experience with Sobha Developers. I booked an apartment in a North Bangalore project based on the good experience that a few of my friends had with them and the good quality they seem to be known for, paid the booking amount that runs into a few lakhs, and started following up on the legal papers and agreements.

- They delayed for months in providing all the project papers. They haven’t yet provided one key document - the project commencement certificate, which is necessary for them to start the project.

- They started project construction without two key documents - environment clearance and commencement certificate.

- Their agreement is one-sided. It has a clause in that they can change the agreement by just sending us a written communication by post ! They also don’t have a clause that they will refund the amounts paid if their project gets canceled. I am trying to get these agreements changed, but they are not willing to entertain any changes.

- I have been following up on these issues, but now they are insisting I pay high interest for my next payment, though there is no provision for it in the terms and conditions at the time of booking.

- I approached their senior management and they are not listening to my case. Their only approach seems to be to deny everything and expect me to fall in line, and now they threatening to cancel my booking. They are very unilateral and autocratic in their approach.

I didn’t expect this with a supposedly professional company, but now active more like a fly-by-night operator, looking for quick gains.

0 comments:

Post a Comment